Crime Prevention Tips
Crime Prevention, by definition is taking some action to prevent or reduce the chances of criminal activity. The Sheriff’s Office has two deputies assigned to full-time crime prevention and community relations activities. If you are interested in participation in any of the offered programming or are interested in a program not listed please contact Dfc. Carly Hose, 240.313.2195 or Sgt. Jim Holsinger, 240.313.2194, for further information.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash
- Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings
- Park in well-lighted space, and be sure to lock your car doors, close windows and conceal shopping bags and gifts in the trunk.
- Don’t over burden yourself with packages.
- Plan for the day, only carry items with you that you will need that day.
- Walk with confidence and be aware of your surroundings.
- LOCK YOUR DOORS!
- Do not leave keys in vehicle.
- Park in well-lighted areas and park close to your destination.
- Conceal valuables within the vehicle (including spare change and electronic chargers).
- Remove GPS device from view and remember to clean away markings left on glass from the device.
- LOOK YOUR DOORS!
- Maintain a well lit perimeter of residence; lighting is one of the most economical and effective crime prevention tools.
- Do not open your doors to strangers.