Facebook Link Visit our Facebook Page

Detention Center

Detention FAQs

Click on the questions to see the answer or scroll down.

Any questions that do not appear on this page can be answered by calling the Detention Center at 240-313-2133, 24 hours a day.

Can I put money in an inmate's account?

You can now deposit money online using a credit/debit card by visiting www.JPay.com. Click on "Send Money" and enter your inmate ID. To deposit money by phone, please call our 24 hour call-center at (800)-574-5729. Agents are available in English and Spanish. The inmates account will be credit within 24 hours, not including weekends and banking holidays. For more information click here.

When are Visiting Hours?

Visiting hours are available daily and Visits may only be scheduled online at Video Visitation, or at the Kiosk
located in the Detention Lobby. Users must have either a valid email address, or a valid Drivers License issued thru the Department of Motor Vehicle or other government issued photo identification. Inmates are allowed 2 visits per week.

How many people can visit an inmate at a time?

Up to 2 adult visitors and 2 children per visit.

Do visitors have to be on a list to get in?

Visitor's must register prior to visits. Visits may be scheduled up to 7 days in advance. All visits must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Cancellation of visits must be done at least two (2) days prior to the scheduled visit. visit Video Visitation to register.
All visitors must check-in with the Officer at the Visitation desk. Inmates on disciplinary segregation are not permitted visits.

The detention center reserves the right to cancel visits at anytime.

How can I get an Inmate release date?

Release dates are confidential and therefore not made public. It is the inmate's responsibility to give their release date to whom they wish to have it.

Can I put money on an Inmate's account?

The Washington County Detention Center has a Kiosk System in the main lobby that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Accepted forms of payment are cash, credit card or debit card (no checks or money orders). The Kiosk System is touch screen and very user friendly.

For those not living in the area - please use the JPAY website.

Monies received through the mail will be returned to sender.

What and when can I bring in personal property for an inmate?

Property is not accepted at the Detention Center. Inmates must purchase underwear, T-shirts, socks, thermal underwear, gym shorts and sneakers and bras (for females only). Inmates are advised of this policy during the intake process, and it is their responsibility to make arrangements for these items.

Property Prices:

Men's Underwear (briefs only) $2.30
Female Underwear $1.60
Sports Bra (females only) $5.50
Socks $1.10
T-Shirts (sm-XL) $3.25
T-Shirts (2X-4X) $3.75
Thermal Top (L-2X) $5.50
Thermal Top (3X 4X & 6X) $6.25
Thermal Bottom (L-2X) $5.50
Thermal Bottom (3X 4X & 6X) $6.25
Gym Shorts $8.00
Sneakers (Male) $12.50
Sneakers (Female) $7.50


When are the inmates allowed to make phone calls?

If someone wants to get calls from an inmate, they need to either have Verizon as their local telephone provider OR they need to call IC Solutions at 1-888-506-8407 to set up a billing plan. Inmates are allowed to make ten(10) fifteen minute phone calls daily.

How can an inmate get on the work release or home detention program?

Inmates are reviewed for eligibility by Detention Center Staff. Judge must then approve work release or home detention. Inmates can be sentenced or on pre-trial status.

How does an inmate get bailed out of jail? How do I find a bondsman and how does that work?

Most District Court bonds are posted at the District Court Commissioners office, located just outside Central Booking at 500 Western Maryland Parkway, Hagerstown MD, but there are exceptions.

During Court Hours, Circuit Court bonds must be posted through the Circuit Court located at 95 W. Washington St., Hagerstown MD between 8:00 am to 4:00 pm., some Circuit Court bonds can be posted through the Commissioner's Office after hours as well.

Contact the District Court Commissioner's Office at 240-313-2840 to determine if any bond, Circuit or District, can be posted through the Commissioners office and ways to post that bond.

There's a collect call block on my phone, can the inmate call another way?

All inmate phone calls are collect calls. If you have a block on your phone, you must have it removed by the phone company.

Star Rule